Rights Respecting Schools
Our Rights Respecting Schools Steering Group works tirelessly to ensure that children’s rights are at the centre of everyday life at St Teresa’s. We educate the children as to what their rights are and we inspire them to think about their rights, and the rights of their friends, in everything that they do.
The Rights Respecting Schools Steering Group meets on a Friday morning (8:30 – 8:55) two or three times per half term.
We’re extremely proud of the great work which we have been doing:
- After each meeting, we display work around the school. This work informs and speaks out in support of the rights of the children.
- After each meeting, the Steering Group speaks to their class to advise children about their rights and who is responsible for their rights.
- We organise our annual Rights Respecting Schools Day in which each class will complete activities which celebrates the rights in the UN Convention.
- We enter UNICEF’S ‘OutRight’ campaign to empower children and young people to realise their own rights.
- We constantly think of innovative ideas to make St Teresa’s a Rights Respecting School. '